At Goff Engineering, we provide our clients with the surveying edge throughout the project cycle by combining traditional surveying techniques with advanced surveying technology. Our surveying crews are equipped with state-of-the-art Real Time Kinematic (RTK) positioning, Global Positioning System (GPS) technology, Trimble Robotic Total Stations, scanners, and drone aerial technology.
With our professional and experienced staff, along with the latest surveying technology, we provide increased productivity and innovative solutions for our clients throughout the Four Corners region. We maintain an extensive archive of more than 40 years of surveys throughout the Southwest Colorado counties of La Plata, Archuleta, and Montezuma. In addition to private and municipal clients, we have provided surveying services to the United States Forest Service, Bureau of Reclamation, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Bureau of Land Management, Southern Ute Indian Tribe, and Department of Energy.
Our surveying services include:
- Heavy roadway and airport construction
- Construction staking for site development and building layout
- Digital leveling
- Boundary surveys
- Topographical mapping (GPS and drone flights)
- Subdivision (single family, multi-family, commercial)
- Site planning and layout
- Aerial mapping ground control
- Computer Aided Drafting & Design (CADD)
- Global Positioning Systems (GPS) Static networks
- Oil and gas (pad layout, ROW acquisition, route surveys and easements)
- As-built mapping
- Condominium mapping
- Improvements surveys
- Utility and route surveys
- ALTA/ACSM land title surveys
- Section and township surveys
- Project planning consultation
- Reconnaissance surveys
- Soundings and flow profiles
Goff survey work using a Total Station with scanner capabilities to scan the face of the Spruce Tree site at Mesa Verde. The client was using this data along with detailed shots of the cracks on the face of the Cliff for future work to mitigate the cliff face deterioration.