Structural Engineer: Project Manager/ Senior Project Engineer
Goff Engineering & Surveying is seeking a Structural Engineer to serve as a Project Engineer/ Project Manager in its Durango, Colorado office. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the design, documentation, and delivery of diverse engineering projects.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and preparation of construction plans for new/renovated structures (buildings, site improvements, retaining walls, special structures and foundations).
- Direction of EITs and CAD Design staff.
- Daily use of AutoCAD, Revit and structural analysis software.
- Assist with development of project specifications and cost estimates.
- Preparation of engineering reports and reviews.
- Assist senior engineers with cost proposals for new projects.
- Attend and participate in project meetings with the design team, client, and/or reviewing agencies.
- Coordination with the civil and surveying departments.
Education and Licensing Requirements
BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited university or college
PE registration in Colorado or the ability to obtain licensure in CO by reciprocity or examination within 1 year of hire date.
Required Professional Experience
The candidate will have at least 5 years of progressive experience as a project engineer and/or project manager responsible for the preparation of construction plans, coordination of project deliverables and preparation of calculation packages. The ideal candidate will have experience designing single family residential, multi-family residential and commercial projects in a variety of materials. Experience with structural analysis and design software and ability to adhere to project deadlines for multiple concurrent projects is required. Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit is preferred.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to work independently on diverse projects with a dynamic team that may include several staff members and outside subconsultants. This includes the direction and oversight of EITs and/or CAD Designers. The candidate will be expected to maintain project milestones while being responsible for communication with the client, reviewing agencies, and design team.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Goff Engineering & Surveying, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Full time employees qualify for Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, participation in Goff’s medical, dental and vision plans, participation in Goff’s IRA retirement plan with employer match, and firm assistance with approved professional development opportunities.
Employment inquiries should be sent to:
Goff Engineering & Surveying
Attn: Human Resources Department
126 Rock Point Drive, Suite A,
Durango, CO 81301
Please, no phone calls.